SURVIVOR NET – Toby Keith was diagnosed with stomach cancer in the fall of 2021. The “Red Solo Cup” singer has not said much publicly about his cancer journey outside of limited interviews and announcing it on his social media last year.
Keith told Country Music Television in an interview, “I need a little bit of time to just rest up and heal up.”
“I’m thinking about getting back to fighting shape…It’s pretty debilitating to have to go through all that, but as long as everything stays hunky-dory, then we’ll look at something good in the future,” he added.
The brave singer underwent six months of chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery. He had to cancel scheduled concerts following his diagnosis so he could focus on his recovery.
Despite his own cancer battle, Keith maintains a grateful and positive mindset. He is still hosting his annual Toby Keith & Friends Golf Classic tournament to raise money for kids in need this summer.
And his support for our troops continues online even though he’s scaled back his travels at this time.
Questions to Ask Your Doctor
If you or a loved one are faced with cancer and wondering how treatment may affect your life, here are some questions you may consider asking your doctor to help get the conversation started:
- What are the potential side effects of my treatment?
- How will treatment affect my ability to continue my usual activities?
- Are there ways to manage side effects of the treatment?
- When would I be able to get back to normal activities?
- I’d like to find other ways to occupy my time while going through treatment. Are there resources that can help me find activities that make sense for me?
Understanding Stomach Cancer
Stomach cancer or gastric cancer occurs when cancer cells begin in the inner lining of the stomach, according to the Cleveland Clinic.
The American Cancer Society estimates “about 26,500 new cases of stomach cancer” this year …