CIVIL. DISCUSSION. ONLY.
Sharing your views on our content with our hundreds of thousands of readers in civil discourse.
Please comply with our community standards by avoiding the following:
- Namecalling, vulgarity, personal attacks on someone’s character, faith, or patriotism
- Encouraging or promoting criminal activity
- Threats of personal harm or hoaxes that may cause personal harm
- Complaints about moderation
- Commercial posts and links to other websites
- Information or speculation on another person’s physical or mental health
- Anyone’s email, phone number, address, or other personally identifiable information
- ALL CAPS, misspelling to avoid filters, non-English content
- Flooding the site. Please try to make your point in 1-2 posts. Additional discussion within reason is fine as long as it stays on topic.
- Anything else that deviates from civil discourse
- Any of the above where poster was ‘just kidding’
Posts violating community standards will be deleted and may result in loss of posting privileges.
If you don’t like someone else’s opinion, post your own and/or down-vote their opinion. Merely posting that you don’t like someone’s opinion contributes nothing and is off-topic.
If you see a post that violates any part of this policy, please alert us by using the flag icon.
If a post mixes permitted and prohibited content, it may be deleted entirely, or – at the moderator’s discretion – the prohibited portion may be removed marked “[ … ].”
If your post has been removed or moderated or you have been blocked, please re-read the policy. We do not reply to inquiries asking ‘why was my post subject to moderation’ or ‘why have I been blocked.’