The purpose of the forum is to share your views on our content with our thousands of readers.
Comment Policy effective January 1, 2020
In the Headline Health discussion area, you are invited to share your opinions with our thousands of daily readers, and you’re asked to respect the right of others to do the same.
Strive to add value to every discussion. Responding to opinions posted by other users is perfectly fine, as long as it doesn’t get personal. So remember to avoid:
- ad hominem attacks such as questioning another user’s sanity, character, or patriotism
- posting anyone’s personal information
- name-calling and vulgarity, including vulgar user names, acronyms, slang, and images
- offensive generalizations about groups of people
- comments containing hoaxes or promoting to harm others
- typing in ALL CAPS, which is considered shouting and makes your post difficult to read
Comments containing banned words or marked by Disqus as coming from Guest users are held for moderation; if your commen will not post, it’s for one of these two reasons. If you see a post that violates our policy, flag it for review or contact the moderator. If you believe someone has violated Disqus rules, report it to Disqus. Posts complaining about the way the group is moderated are prohibited.
Disqus recommends a long list of several hundred prohibited words that are commonly found in offensive posts; Headline Health uses a substantially shortened and more permissive list in order to help keep the discussion flowing. However, misspelling to avoid word filters is still prohibitted.
No Self-promotion, No Links
A comment that contains a link to another site will almost always be removed.
Don’t Copy and Paste
If you didn’t write it, don’t post it; this includes links to sites other than headlinehealth.com.
We support English-only discussions. Non-English content will be removed.
If Your Post Was Removed or You Have Been Blocked
Reread this entire policy, which contains all reasons for removal of posts and users.