The comment area is a free forum for sharing your views on our content with our readers. All opinions are welcome provided they do not include name calling, links, threats, vulgarity, or hoaxes. Such posts harm a site’s reputation score and will be reported as spam; the user will be permanently banned without appeal or further explanation.
MY COMMENTS ARE NOT SHOWING. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
We use the Disqus Comment System to manage all user content posted to our site. If your comment is removed or your account was banned, it is likely the result of action taken by Disqus, not Headline Health. For example, all Guest posts must be reviewed by a moderator before being posted; this is a Disqus policy, not ours. Disqus also blocks posts containing content it considers Toxic. To learn more, click here.
Headline Health encourages our readers to share their views on our content with our hundreds of thousands of readers in civil discourse.
Prohibited content will be DELETED and may result in a PERMANENT BAN:
- Namecalling, vulgarity, personal attacks including questioning someone’s faith or patriotism – by far the most common reason for blocked posts (Examples: demon, Nazi, douche, idiot, moron.)
- Encouraging or promoting activity that is criminal or potentially harmful
- Threats of personal harm or intentionally false information that may cause personal harm
- Off-topic posts including complaints about moderation
- Commercial posts and links to other websites
- Information or speculation on another person’s physical or mental health; impersonating another person
- Personally identifiable information such as anyone’s email, phone number, address, or health history, including your own
- ALL CAPS, misspelling to avoid filters, non-English content
- Flooding the site. Please try to make your point in 1-2 posts. Additional discussion within reason is fine as long as it stays on topic.
- Any comment marked by Disqus as “Toxic”
- Anything else that deviates from civil discourse
- Any of the above where poster was ‘just kidding’
The following notation indicates that a portion of a comment has been removed by a moderator for violation of this policy: [ … ]
If you don’t like someone else’s opinion, post your own and/or down-vote theirs. Merely posting that you don’t like someone’s opinion adds nothing and is off-topic.
If you see a post that violates any part of this policy, please flag it as inappropriate by clicking the flag icon:
If your post has been removed or you have been blocked, please re-read the policy. Headline Health does not supply individual support for moderated posts or blocked accounts. Emails asking why posts were blocked will not be answered.