“The simple fact is that Communist-ruled China has a long record as a source of potential epidemics and pandemics.”
| Newt Gingrich, Fox News – Watching the Chinese Communist dictatorship mismanage the initial coronavirus epidemic, cover it up and then lie about it has been infuriating. But it is also a good lesson in how dangerous and how profoundly dishonest the dictatorship is.
China’s guilt at having allowed a local epidemic to turn into a worldwide pandemic is even more infuriating when the Chinese Foreign Ministry publicly alleges that the coronavirus came from America.
Both President Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo have correctly pushed back hard against the Communist dictatorship’s lies.
The simple fact is that Communist-ruled China has a long record as a source of potential epidemics and pandemics.
Then in 2007 four scientists at the University of Hong Kong asserted:
“Coronaviruses are well known to undergo genetic recombination, which may lead to new genotypes and outbreaks. The presence of a large reservoir of SARS-CoV-like viruses in horseshoe bats, together with the culture of eating exotic mammals in southern China, is a time bomb.
“The possibility of the reemergence of SARS and other novel viruses from animals or laboratories and therefore the need for preparedness should not be ignored.”
Despite these clear warnings, the Chinese Communist government did nothing to stop the sale of wild animals in wet markets or to stay adequately alert for a potential virus.
In fact, the dictatorship took the opposite position in the early days of the coronavirus outbreak. It wanted to hide any potential disease outbreak and hoped it would go away.
Consider the tragic chronology of the coronavirus pandemic.
- The first confirmed case was noticed on Dec. 8, 2019, according to the Wuhan government.
- By Dec. 16 a patient who worked at a wildlife market that was linked to the outbreak was admitted to the hospital.
- By Dec. 21 there were about three dozen people showing similar symptoms (which were later found to be confirmed or suspected coronavirus cases).
- By Christmas, four days later, the medical staff at two separate hospitals were quarantined when they came down with an unidentified viral pneumonia.
- Apparently, by the day after Christmas a laboratory had identified samples from Wuhan as a new SARS-like virus … Read more.