PLUS: Ghislaine’s spouse outed in British tabloid
| July 19, 2020
| New York Post – Ghislaine Maxwell believes her ex lover Jeffrey Epstein was murdered behind bars and lives in fear of facing the same unfortunate end, according to a new report.
“Everyone’s view including Ghislaine’s is Epstein was murdered. She received death threats before she was arrested,” an unnamed friend told The Sun.
A federal judge denied Maxwell bail on Tuesday and ordered the 58-year-old to spend the next year awaiting trial at the Brooklyn Detention Center.
The friend, who the Sun described as “in regular contact with Maxwell at her secret New Hampshire hideaway,” said the death threats spurred the British socialite to hire security guards, and led her to believe she may not live to see her trial … Read more.
EXCLUSIVE: Ghislaine Maxwell’s privileged life:
Jeffrey Epstein’s long-time consort and the alleged procurer of his underage victims has been living with 43-year-old tech CEO at his secluded $3M oceanfront mansion
The Daily Mail
PUBLISHED: 09:47 EDT, 14 August 2019 | UPDATED: 16:00 EDT, 2 July 2020
- Ghislaine Maxwell, 57, has been hiding out at a secluded $3M oceanfront property in Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal [Manchester-by-the-Sea (also known simply as Manchester) is a town on Cape Ann, in Essex County. The town is known for scenic beaches and vista points. At the 2010 census, the population was 5,136. – Wikipedia]
- The property is owned by her tech CEO boyfriend Scott Borgerson, 43, who has been seen running errands in the area and walking Maxwell’s dog
- The British socialite was a long-time consort of Jeffrey Epstein and the alleged procurer of victims in his underage sex trafficking ring
- Maxwell hasn’t been seen publicly in three years and hasn’t left the home amid new focus on Epstein’s alleged co-conspirators following his apparent suicide on Saturday
- ‘She’s become a real homebody, rarely ventures out. She’s the antithesis of the woman who traveled extensively and partied constantly with Epstein,’ a source familiar with Maxwell’s new life exclusively told DailyMail.com
- Maxwell is alleged to be one of the main players in a network of recruiters and enablers who provided Epstein with underage girls to sexually abuse
- In July, Maxwell filed a request to stop the unsealing of 2,000 pages connected to a defamation lawsuit filed against her by Virginia Giuffre, who has accused Epstein of keeping her as a sex slave when she was a teenager
- Giuffre claimed Maxwell directed her to have sex with people including former New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson, former U.S. Senator George Mitchell, modeling agent Jean Luc Brunel and financier Glenn Dubin
- Maxwell called the claims ‘entirely false’ and the case was settled out of court; Read more.
Ghislaine butted heads with neighbors in tony seaside community: report
July 20, 2020
Tatler – Following on from the news that Ghislaine Maxwell has been denied bail – and will stay in detention for a year ahead of her trial next summer – further revelations about the former socialite’s activities in recent years have come to light.
According to the Times, Maxwell and Scott Borgerson, an American tech CEO and shipping entrepreneur, previously purchased a house together in Massachusetts.
The pair are said to have lived there for some years until the arrest of Maxwell’s former boyfriend, the late American financier and convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, prompted her to go into hiding.
The information is reportedly disclosed in property and court records, first brought to light in the Daily Mail.
The documents also reveal that neighbors became embroiled in a legal dispute with Borgerson and Maxwell, over access to a beach on the private estate where they had their house.
The documents offer new insight into Maxwell and Borgerson’s relationship – following the revelation that a prosecutor told the court in New York that Maxwell was married, but had refused to disclose the identity of her husband.
One Manchester-by-the-Sea neighbor told the Times:
‘They were a couple, they lived together… His kids lived with his ex-wife in Rockport [a nearby town] and spent time with them.’ The neighbor reportedly added that Borgerson ‘was asking about babysitters, that kind of thing.’
Planning records reveal an application for renovations to the property, made in July 2016 by Borgerson and ‘Jennifer Ellmax’ – a surname also used as the title for Maxwell’s companies, and in an email address linked to a former home of Maxwell’s in New York.
A former coastguard, Borgerson was listed for a time as a director of Maxwell’s oceanic foundation, the TerraMar Project.
Former friends of Maxwell’s have suggested that Borgerson is the most likely candidate for her unknown spouse.
Christopher Mason, a British journalist who was acquainted with Maxwell in New York, is quoted as stating:
‘The fact that he was passionate about saving the oceans and Ghislaine had that foundation makes it a good fit’.