Celebrities who have tested positive for coronavirus
Prince Albert of Monaco, Kevin Durant, and Sean Payton are among the stars who have contracted the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19
March 19, 2020
The New Orleans Saints coach, 56, he tested positive for COVID-19 on March 19. He is seemingly the first NFL-adjacent person to have the virus.
Payton told ESPN he didn’t have a fever or cough, but was feeling ill the previous Sunday and took a test.
“This is not just about social distancing,” Payton told ESPN. “It’s shutting down here for a week to two weeks. If people understand the curve, and understand the bump, we can easily work together as a country to reduce it.”
Prince Albert II
Monaco’s Prince Albert II tested positive for coronavirus, the Palace announced on Thursday, March 19.
The 62-year-old Prince is the first head of state to test positive for COVID-19. He was tested on Monday, March 16, according to palace sources, and results were confirmed on Wednesday, March 18.
The father of 5-year-old twins Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella’s state of health is not a source of concern, according to a statement from the palace.
The Prince of Monaco is being closely followed by his attending physician and specialists from the Princess Grace Hospital Center, and continues to work from his private apartments in the palace and remains in permanent contact with his cabinet.
NBA superstar Kevin Durant and three of his Brooklyn Nets teammates have tested positive for coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, the team and the 31-year-old power forward announced on Tuesday.
“Everyone be careful, take care of yourself and quarantine,” Durant, 31, told reporter Shams Charania of The Athletic after the news broke. “We’re going to get through this.”
The Nets have not identified the three other players who tested positive. Along with Durant, the team is home to several star players, such as Spencer Dinwiddie and former NBA champion Kyrie Irving.
In their statement, the team said of the players who were diagnosed, three were asymptomatic while the fourth is currently exhibiting symptoms. Read more.
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have left a Queensland hospital and are now resting at a rented home in Australia five days after revealing they had both tested positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), PEOPLE confirms.
The pair remain under quarantine in their house, Hanks’ representative says.
The Forrest Gump star announced last Wednesday that he and his wife were diagnosed with the coronavirus while visiting Australia.
Hanks wrote at the time:
“Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive.”
Hanks, 63, had been on Australia’s Gold Coast for the pre-production of Baz Luhrmann‘s untitled Elvis Presley biopic, in which he plays the music icon’s longtime manager Colonel Tom Parker.
Filming for the movie has been halted following his diagnosis. Hanks is the only person on set believed to have tested positive for the the virus, according to a representative from the film in Australia. Read more. | IMAGE: theSlidellSmiles, CC BY-ND 2.0