WHATS UP TODAY – Grand Canyon National Park Rangers recovered a body below Bright Angel Point on Friday, 26 August.
The body was that of a 44-year-old male who fell approximately 200 ft. below the rim.
An ongoing investigation into the incident is being conducted by the National Park Service and the Coconino County Medical Examiner’s Office.
The National Park Rangers recommend that the visitors to do the following in order to keep safe:
- Stay on designated trails and walkways and always keep a safe distance of at least six feet (2 m) from the edge of the rim.
- In areas where there is a railing or fence, do not climb over the barrier.
- Keep an eye on all the people in your group, especially small children. Make sure that your travel companions have both feet firmly planted on pavement or developed trails.
- Know where the edge is. Watch foot placement and look for trip hazards.
- Do not run, jump, or perform physical stunts near the rim.
- Do not back up without first looking where you are going.