Editor’s note: Article contains vulgarities that may be unsuitable for some audiences.
HEADLINE USA – The Biden administration is reportedly spending hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars to translate a gay dictionary into Spanish.
The dictionary, called the Homosaurus, a self-described “vocabulary of LGBTQ+ terms,” was taken up by the Biden administration’s National Endowment for the Humanities in January, according to the Washington Free Beacon.
The center announced it was awarding a $350,000 grant to the University of Washington to create a “Spanish-language version of the Homosaurus,” which includes crude terms such as “anal fisting” and “jizz.”
Other entries included in the dictionary are:
- bear—a slang term used to “describe hairy and large or muscular gay men”
- Fag stags—“heterosexual men who enjoy the company of gay men”
- anal beads—a sex toy that consist of “multiple attached spheres (or balls) that are continuously inserted through the anus into the rectum and then removed with varying speeds”
- Indigiqueer—a “term used to describe the identity of people who are both Indigenous and queer and view those identities as inherently related and interconnected”
- Homosaurus also sells children’s apparel bearing its logo and includes pedophilic references such as the term “pederasts,” which means “adult men who have sexual and mentor/protege relationships with adolescent boys.”
The University of Washington’s Marika Cifor, a feminist studies professor, will reportedly oversee the dictionary’s translation and said it could take years to finish.
“Direct translation seems simple on its surface, but it won’t be culturally adequate to the kind of vocabulary we want to build,” Cifor said.
Copyright 2023. No part of this site may be reproduced in whole or in part in any manner without the permission of the copyright owner. To inquire about licensing content, use the contact form at https://headlineusa.com/advertising.