EAT THIS, NOT THAT – When we choose to eat out — whether at a fast-food chain restaurant or a nice sit-down dining experience — we’re placing a large amount of trust in the staff and in the food they’re serving.
We assume they are following all health-related guidelines and maintaining a clean working environment as they prepare and serve our food.
Unfortunately, sometimes a restaurant comes up a bit short, even if training and guidelines are sufficient.
That appears to be the case with an Arby’s location in Springfield, Illinois.
For roughly 100 customers, their visit to the restaurant resulted in some pretty serious discomfort. The culprit? Norovirus, which can strike up to 48 hours after exposure.
The restaurant shut down as health officials conducted an investigation in February.
The location underwent a full “deep cleaning” and officials spotted at least one health violation in the form of sauces not being stored in a refrigerated area.
That shortcoming was corrected and the restaurant reopened soon afterward.
Now, that same Arby’s location has been closed for a second time.
Health officials recommended another deep cleaning and more employee training, but the number of people that came down with norovirus after eating at the restaurant has nearly reached 100 …
Click here to read more.