HEADLINE HEALTH EXCLUSIVE:
Trump dragnet nabs doctor who allegedly traded rx for sex, touched patients inappropriately.
He kept a Holy Bible in his patient waiting area
| CNN – Two doctors who allegedly prescribed pills in exchange for sexual favors are among dozens of doctors, nurses, and pharmacists have been charged with illegally prescribing and distributing opioids and other dangerous narcotics.
The Justice Department said in a statement that the charges against 60 individuals, including 31 licensed medical professionals, were part of a sweeping crackdown on health care fraud.
According to the statement, many of the doctors signed blank prescriptions that employees then used to illegally prescribe pills.
“Allegedly prescribed powerful opioids in exchange for sexual favors”
One doctor, whom [sic] the Justice Department says branded himself the “Rock Doc,” “allegedly prescribed powerful and dangerous combinations of opioids and benzodiazepines, sometimes in exchange for sexual favors.”
Over the course of three years, the doctor allegedly prescribed nearly 1.5 million pills, the bulk of which were hydrocodone, oxycodone and benzodiazepine pills.
Another doctor allegedly “recruited prostitutes and other young women with whom he had sexual relationships to become patients at his clinic” while he would allow them and people they knew to “abuse illicit drugs at his house.”
Tenn. doctor who kept Holy Bible in waiting room drugged patients in ways that would allow him to inappropriately touch them, feds say; at least one patient died
Apr 17, 2019, WBBJ 7 Eyewitness News
JACKSON, Tenn. — Multiple West Tennessee doctors and nurse practitioners are now facing charges after federal court documents are unsealed Wednesday.
Dr. Thomas Kelly Ballard III is charged in an indictment related to illegally prescribing opioids and other narcotics.
Court documents say Ballard, while operating the Ballard Clinic-Family Practice in downtown Jackson, allegedly sought sexual favors while also prescribing controlled substances to some patients.
Ballard is accused of prescribing opioids to at least one patient, leading to her death. Court documents say Ballard also prescribed opioids to the patient while she was pregnant. Opioids Vastly Overprescribed: Mayo Clinic
Ballard is also accused of prescribing controlled substances to convince patients to submit to unnecessary procedures. 69 Sex Charges Against Creepy Pedophile M.D.
Court documents say he also prescribed patients controlled substances which would allow him to inappropriately touch patients, or convince or attempt to convince patients to have sex with him … Read more.
Who is Thomas K Ballard III?
- “Thomas Kelly Ballard of the Ballard Clinic Family Practice was arrested Wednesday morning as part of a sweeping nationwide series of federal indictments related to over-prescribing drugs. He faces 18 counts related to the unlawful distribution of controlled drugs like oxycodone and hydrocodone, including one count of distribution of a controlled substance resulting in death.” Source: Jackson (TN) Sun, Apr 17, 2019
- “The clinic of a Tennessee doctor who has admitted to writing unjustifiably large prescriptions without a clear diagnosis was raided by state and federal law enforcement this week.
“Dr. Thomas Ballard III, an owner of the Ballard Clinic in downtown Jackson, confessed to worrisome prescribing and agreed to have his medical license put on probation for two years in a settlement with the Tennessee Department of Health in November.
“Health investigators found that Ballard gave some of his patients large dosages of addictive medicines to treat “chronic pain” without actually documenting the pain in their medical records, board documents state.” Source: Tennesseean, March 7, 2019
- “Dr. Thomas K. Ballard, MD, Family Medicine; Overall rating, 2 out of 5 stars.” Source: WebMD
- “Thomas K Ballard III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jackson, TN. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. He speaks English.”
“Dr. Thomas K Ballard III has been rated by 13 patients. The overall rating for Dr. Thomas K Ballard III is 2.5 of 5.0 stars.”
“BALLARD CLINIC, 418 E Baltimore St, Jackson, TN 38301” Source: vitals.com
- “Dr. Thomas Ballard III, MD is a family medicine specialist in Jackson, TN and has been practicing for 32 years. He graduated from University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine in 1984 and specializes in family medicine.”
“Dr. Ballard III’s Reviews: 3.1 out of 5 stars based on 11 reviews.” Source: healthgrades.com
Did this doctor place a Holy Bible in his waiting area as an expression of his faith – or as a cynical ploy to win the trust of patients? Post your thoughts in our Comments section below.
- Doctor Charged With Shooting, Sharing Gay Kiddie Porn
- The Real Reason Doctors Tell You To Pee In A Cup
- Pill-Pushing Doctors Proven Wrong Again
- Life In Prison After Doctor’s Illegal Rx Kills A Patient