Perfect healthy pizza recipes to please your palate
Fontina, Caramelized-Onion, and Pancetta Pizza
Sweet onions, creamy cheese, and salty pancetta give this healthy pizza a sophisticated flavor.
How to Make It:
- Pizza Dough
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 ounces pancetta (Italian-style bacon) or Canadian bacon, chopped
- 8 cups sliced onion (about 3 large)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded fontina cheese, divided
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
Step 1: Prepare the Pizza Dough according to directions below.
Step 2: While dough is rising the second time, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add pancetta, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add onions, thyme, salt, and white pepper; cook 25 minutes or until onions are browned, stirring frequently.
Step 3: Preheat oven to 475°.
Step 4: Brush each prepared pizza crust with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; top each with half of onion mixture. Sprinkle half of cheese over each pizza. Bake at 475° for 9 minutes or until crusts are crisp. Cut each pizza into 8 wedges. Garnish with thyme sprigs and sprinkle with black pepper, if desired.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast (about 1/2 package)
- 3/4 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking sprayDissolve sugar and yeast in 3/4 cup water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Stir 2 cups flour, oil, and salt into yeast mixture to form a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes).Add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent the dough from sticking. Place dough in large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning dough to coat top. Cover dough, and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 40 minutes or until doubled in bulk.Punch dough down. Cover and let rise 40 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Divide dough into 2 equal portions; roll each portion into a 9-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough circles on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Top and bake according to directions. SEE FULL POST AT MYRECIPES.COM