Deadly Infections Lurking In Shoe Stores

“****sorry for gross pics****”, says tot’s mom

| Yet another public health threat emerges, and it could kill you 

| Girl catches deadly infection trying on shoes while barefoot

New York Post – A four-year-old was left fighting for her life after developing deadly sepsis from trying on new shoes.

Sienna Rasul became seriously ill the day after trying on shoes in her bare feet.

Little Sienna was later diagnosed with sepsis.

The deadly condition can be passed on if bacteria enters the body through an open wound.

“I was really shocked when the doctors said … “

Doctors think it’s likely Sienna had a cut, graze or bite on her foot that allowed the bacteria to enter her body.

Sienna spent five days on a drip in the hospital with her mom Jodie Thomas, 26, by her side.

Hotel worker Jodie said: “I was really shocked when the doctors said it was from trying on new shoes.

“I’ve been worried sick, they’ve had to drain all the poison from her leg.

“Normally she would have socks on but it’s summertime so she was wearing sandals.

“The shoes she liked had been tried on by other little girls and that’s how Sienna picked up the infection.”

Mom-of-three Jodie took Sienna to the doctors when she started crying in agony the day after the shopping trip.

The doctor spotted the infection and used a pen to draw a line around where the infection had spread.

Jodie, of Aberfan, South Wales, said: “By the next day it had spread up her leg and her temperature was raging … Read the full story at NY Post. 

PREVIOUSLY ON HEADLINE HEALTH: 

NFL Coach Dead 2 Days After Hospital Sends Him Home

One Form You Should NEVER Sign In A Hospital

31 Consumers Hospitalized From Bad Fruit

MORE OF TODAY’S TOP HEALTH NEWS: 

After McCain’s Death, VA Flooded With …

HIV Jumps To Heterosexuals in This U.S. City

Sex Diseases Increase Again To 2.3 Million