Pets need recovery time, too …
(SPACE COAST DAILY) Millions of people and their pets were forced to evacuate their homes due to the recent hurricanes.
As you return home, the American Veterinary Medical Association recommends:
- Survey your home inside and out to identify sharp objects, contaminated water, downed power lines or other hazards.
- Do not allow pets to roam free outdoors until the area is safe. In addition, familiar scents and landmarks may have changed, and this can confuse your pets.
- Allow uninterrupted rest and sleep to allow your pets to recover.
- Comfort each other. The simple act of petting and snuggling can reduce anxiety for both people and pets.
- If you notice signs of illness in your pets, contact your veterinarian. SEE FULL POST AT SPACE COAST DAILY.