Ten Most-Searched Questions of the Year On Google
Dec 12, 2019
CNN – Google users in the United States had a lot of questions about health in 2019.
Blood pressure, the keto diet and hiccups were among the 10 most-searched health-related topics on the search engine this year, according to new data from Google.
For 2019, here are the top 10 health-related questions people Googled – along with some answers.
1. How to lower blood pressure
About 1 in 3 US adults — or some 75 million people — have high blood pressure and only 54% have it under control, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Therefore, it should come as no surprise that “how to lower blood pressure” topped the list of most-searched health-related questions on Google in 2019 … (Headline Health covered this leading topic regularly.)
2. What is keto?
When searching for information on the ketogenic diet, most people just use the word “keto,” for short.
The keto diet was the top health-related search term on last year’s list and ranked second this year … (US News and World Report ranked keto LAST on its list of popular diets. That’s why Headline Health skipped it and gave our readers so many posts on the BEST diet, the Mediterranean diet.)
3. How to get rid of hiccups
A question about what causes hiccups topped Google’s list of trending health-related questions in 2017 — and now, in 2019, how to get rid of hiccups ranked third …
Rounding out the top ten questions asked of Dr. Google in 2019 are:
4. How long does the flu last? (Headline Health has covered flu-related news extensively.)
5. What causes hiccups? (We confess – we’ve published just one story mentioning this non-lifethreatening condition. However we can share our fave cure: a pinch of sugar in the back of the tongue.)
6. What causes kidney stones? (We touched on this in our story on the importance of drinking enough water.)
7. What is HPV? (We not only explained what causes it, but how it can easily be prevented.)
8. How to lower cholesterol (Covered it.)
9. How many calories should I eat a day? (We have dozens of posts for readers looking to keep an eye on their calorie counts.)
10. How long does alcohol stay in your system? (Hundreds of articles on the risks and benefits of alcohol consumption.)
Ten Most-Read Posts of the Year On Headline Health
Headline Health has offered over 1,000 stories to our readers in 2019. Here are the ones you clicked on most:
Keep coming back … we’ll have lots more in 2020!